Download the Internet Here

I am a recovering pack rat. I've been accumulating 'stuff' for years, which totally contradicts my no-nonsense, practical, straightforward approach to most other things in life. Fortunately I am truly in recovery. I have started purging 'stuff' and was surprised to discover that it feels good.

So now that my closet and attic have lightened, I need to work on my next issue - being a media pack rat. All sorts of media: Music, videos, digital photos, electronic documents, etc. Many of these things are very personal and I will never purge them. Storage is cheap, so why not.

The media that I could probably let go of is the reference material that is readily available on the Internet: articles, white papers, web page content, etc. I have a tendency to take a snapshot of this information and store it on my computer for later use. That demonstrates a lack of confidence in our distributed information society - I don't have full confidence that I'll be able to find it again when I need it. As a matter of fact, maybe I better just buy a bigger hard disk and download the whole Internet to my computer so I'll always have my own copy.

Here's the link, in case you want a dowload a copy of the Internet for yourself: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment