More about Pigs


The reaction to the 3 Pigs was awesome - Yanic from Belgium put a lot of work into his thorough rework of the problem. Check it out here. I realize he's selling a product, but regardless, I really enjoyed his comments.


I agree with most of the feedback I received, although the spirit of the models was more conceptual'ish than design'ish, which tends to accommodate looser implementation precision.


The one choice I regret the most is sending the "eat()" message to each of the first two Pigs, which is actually telling the Pig to eat. To correct this, either the message to Pig is "getEaten()" or the message eat(Pig) is sent recursively to the Wolf (as Don suggested.)

Nevertheless, I'm really digging the idea of modeling a well known story as a means to hone my UML skills. Maybe I'll tackle Aesop next...

No comments:

Post a Comment